Friday, October 10, 2008

Cultural Festival/30th Anniversary of CFC






These people really enjoy their shows and culture, and it's downright fascinating. I wish I had my camera to take pics of the drill teams today. They had the guys in the ancient garb and they did a mock battle as well. It was really fun to watch and interesting. Attached are the pics that made it into the limited memory of our camera since I left the memory card at home. That was dumb of me. This was not the day to have a camera with 8 pics in it.
Today marks the 30th Anniversary of the Combined Forces Command, the US and ROK. So we celebrated with a Sports Day and Cultural Celebration. This has been a successful alliance. We get awesome products from Korea, and they get protection and a boost from the US to make their economy work.
Julie did the pottery demonstration and we bought the 'married' vases- they sell pairs of vases like yin and yangs, and they're supposed to complement each 0ther. We need to get the little wooden ducks they have here. When you're married you get these ducks and I guess they face each other when things are going well, but if they're not, one of the parties in the marriage will turn them away from each other. Julie told me I'd just put my duck on hers all the time, so she knows if we get any, they'll just be misused.

1 comment:

Theresa Walker said...

The picture of Julie making pottery is a scene straight of "Ghost" You better keep an eye on her. :)