Sunday, May 17, 2009

Amanda's Baptism



Now I'll have to work backwards to the last post.  Shame on me.  But that's what happens when facebook shows up.  It goes through and marginalizes everything else.  I've been finding a lot of old friends on there, but I need to keep up with this.  This is the record of Korea, not the fleeting snapshots of minutae.

Amanda was baptized today at the Yeoungdeongpo Chapel.  There was a good turnout in the service and it went pretty smoothly.  The water was cold, which made me hope I wouldn't have to do anything again, and poor Amanda did a good job bearing the cold water.  She didn't freak out until after I'd baptized her.  But it wasn't warm water and I had some help from people that just baptized their kids- so it was better than nothing.  The circuit breaker for the boiler kept kicking off, so it didn't warm up the water at all.  Oh well.  I had bigger fish to fry at the time.  

The Service went well and it was really spiritual.  I'm glad everyone came.  My folks came for 9 days and stayed at Mitch Walker's apartment.  That was awesome of him to put them up.  We'll have to take him to the "Beef and Leaf" for dinner one of these nights.  But he's also getting my Daewoo Prince to use the rest of the time he's here- and all he has to do is get insurance on it.  It's a hunk of junk- but it'll get him around if he needs to go anywhere.  It's good to have good people around. 

1 comment:

Diana said...

Congratulations Amanda. You are soooo beautiful. We are very proud of you. Love you!!!