Sunday, September 21, 2008

Air Force Ball


Of course you see all the war movies and what are the people doing when they're not in battle? Dressing up nice and eating while they use mighty words to describe their deeds in the fields of combat. Not me. Julie and dressed up and went to the Lotte Hotel (the guys from Osan and Kunsan came from a LONG ways away!!!) and made fun of all that. It's what I do as a professional cynic. And for good reason- I'm going to be a Captain for a long, long time. So I might as well live it up and enjoy it.
Enjoy the pic- Julie looks really good. I should photoshop someone else onto my face, but I'd probably go to jail for impersonating a celebrity and get 15 to life for it.
And the pictures behind us will go home to the US. They're really pretty and while I never thought I'd ever want to have 'Asian' stuff in the house, I didn't know I'd be this enchanted with the place, either. I hope a straight guy can say 'enchanted' because I love Korea. This place grows on you. Especially when you cut 10-15 minutes off your commute to church across town! Who would have thought there was an entrance to the Gangbeyon Expressway just up the street. If only getting off that thing was as easy. My first attempt got us sent across the river on the Dongjak Bridge. Nice bridge, but it wasn't what I wanted. Oh well, you can't get to know Seoul without getting lost at least 50 times. 47 to go.

3 comments:

Shannon C said...

Fancy! You two look very happy!

Nikki said...

You guys look pretty sexy, well at least Julie does, we'll still have to work on Justin!!! HEE HEEE Robin

Theresa Walker said...

Lookin' good! I love those dining experiences (not). We go for as long as we have to and check out. Glad you got a night out alone.